Thursday, February 9, 2012

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

Hi, again! Today I needed a recipe that would allow me to work on my midterm exam as much as possible and be comforting and filling for this cold, snowy evening. Let me just say… I love my crock pot J So, I researched the best way to go about cooking pork tenderloin in the slow cooker and, of course, how to make a creamy, thick gravy to top it off. Well, I found it! Tonight’s dinner was to die for. It was one of those meals that had my husband making the “oh man’s” again every time he ate a bite. I think my favorite part of this meal was the gravy. It was so delicious I totally could have just scooped it up by itself! Anyways, here is the recipe to tonight’s fantastic dinner!
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
Pork Tenderloin (I used 2)
1 c. water
3 russet potatoes
3 large carrots
1 onion
3-6 garlic cloves
3-4 Tbs. flour
Salt and pepper
1. Brown your tenderloin over high heat to get a nice, brown outer layer (I was in too big of a hurry so I didn’t get a chance to tonight). Place tenderloin in the bottom your crock pot on low.
2. Leave your stove on high and pour the water in the pan. Stir everything around and after everything is good and mixed, pour it into the crock pot with the tenderloin.
3. Chop your potatoes, carrots, garlic and onions into large chunks so they won’t cook into nothing-ness by the time the 6 hours are up J.

4. Tuck the onion and garlic around the tenderloin and add in the potatoes and carrots. Add enough water to almost cover everything. Shake some salt and pepper in with everything.
5. After 3 or 4 hours, pull the meat on top of the vegetables so they can get in the water and get nice and tender. 
6. When the meat is finished (140 degrees is perfect for us!), set the veggies and tenderloin aside and pour the remaining water into a small saucepan. It is time to make some delicious gravy! Add a few tablespoons of flour to the pan and whisk to get the clumps out. Bring the pan to a boil and reduce the heat, stirring until it reaches the desired thickness. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over meat and serve! Yum J


No comments:

Post a Comment